Built in 1907 near the end of the reign of King Chulalongkorn (Rama V), Sanam Chan Palace in Nakhon Pathom province is recognized as a sacred structure that has witnessed many events of historical importance. The name "Sanam Chan Palace 'was granted by King Vajiravudh (Rama VI), called' Noen Prasat ', as this area is believed to have been the site of a former palace. A large pond, called 'Sa Nam Chan, currently' Sa Bua (Lotus Pond), is nearby. The name 'Sanam Chand Palace' is derived from Sa Nam Chan.When he was crown prince, the king intended VajiravudhSanam Chan Palace building as a residence during his trip to Nakhon Pathom to pay homage to Phra Pathom Chedi (Great Pagoda) and spending time there. I also wanted to build this palace as a fortress to fight the national crisis, as the compound of Sanam Chan was considered a strategic location.For this reason, King Vajiravudh bought a plot of 888 rai (355 acres) of a local villager and Luang Phithakmanop assigned to design and build the palace. Sanam Chan still has the important role it played in the past, although its architecture and structures have been renovated several times. This indicates that this ancient building that deserves to be preserved as part of local and national heritage.Sanam Chan The compound consists of two buildings of Thai and Western style blended harmoniously. Vajiravudh king ordered the construction of classrooms, dormitories, and a monument. These buildings include Phra Thi Nang Phiman Pathom, Phra Thi Nang Aphirom Ruedi, Phra Thinang Watchari Rommaya, Phra Thi Nang Samakkhi Mukkhamat, Prasat If Wichai, Khanet Thewalai, Olan Thammathet Hall, Phra Thinang Patih Thatsanai, Phra Thi Nang Chali Mongkhon cases , Phra Thinang Banlang Ratcharat Mari, Thap Tam Nak Phra Kaeo and Tamnak Thap Phra Khwan.Built in 1907, Phra Thi Nang Phiman Pathom was built as the first room of the royal residence of King Vajiravudh, who also used for study and as a courtroom and a reception room to greet the royal guests. This concrete building is two-story Western-style, with carved designs. Next to this room in the south is Phra Thi Nang Aphirom Ruedi, also in western style, which served as the residence of Queen Intharasaksachi, the consort of King Vajiravudh.Phra Thinang Watchari Rommaya, a Thai style house, with a ceiling decorated with driver (stack corneum), bai raka (ridges like teeth on the edge of a slope to the fence), sadung nak (carved figure of the Naga), and hang hong (small spikes protruding from the two corners of the pediment) was sometimes used as a study room real. Is connected to Phra Thinang Samakkhi Mukkhamat room, large audience. King Vajiravudh used it as a meeting place for scouts and the test site for Khon (masked dance) and other actions. This building can accommodate a large number of people and is often called Tong Khon "or a theater of Khon. Today, a classical dance is performed only on weekends.Phra Thi Nang Patih Thatsanai is a small room built as a place where the king is Phra Pathom Chedi. Amongst the royal residences is Tamnak Thap Phra Khwan, with a group of eight bungalows, which consists of four main houses and four children. They are all made of teak wood, and a terrace that connects them all. Not a single nail was used for each part of the houses together. Fine craftsmanship and dedicate wood carving is evident in many parts of the complex.According to historical records, King Vajirvudh wanted to build this house in order to preserve the traditional Thai houses. Chaired the opening ceremony and spent the night at the residence on January 25, 1912.Chali Tamnak Mongkhon Phra Phra Thi Nang A and Mari Ratcharat Banlang, both Western-style sales prominently in the compound Sanam Chan. The names of these two buildings were derived from the book "My Friend Jarlet ', inspired by King Vajiravudh, who translated into Thai as" Mit Thae.Chali Tamnak Phra Mongkhon A was built in 1908 and is in the mix of French Renaissance architecture of wood and half of England. The two-story building with red roof. The upper floor includes a study room, bedroom and bathroom. On the ground floor to the west is a waiting room for an audience. During the SixthReinado, who was used as the residence of the king in his capacity as commander of the scouts, and as a scout training center. The King has often been in this building from the end of his reign.In front of Phra Tamnak Chali Mongkhon Al is a monument to Ya-Le, a pet dog of King Vajiravudh. It is made of copper, with a written statement by the King in memory of the dog, who had been shot dead. On the top floor of this room is a bridge with a tile roof, linking Phra Ratcharat Banlang Tamnak Mani, a teak house red two-story neo-classical style.In the midst of Sanam Chan is Thewalai Khanet, a shrine of Ganesha, the elephant-headed Hindu god of the arts. Phra Thi Nang Phiman Pathom, we can clearly see Phra Pathom Chedi, Khanet Thewalai and Phra Pathom Thinang Phiman, located on the same line.Currently, Sanam Chan Palace is under the supervision of the Office of the Royal House. It is open to visitors every day between 9:00 am and 4:00 pm, except holidays.On the occasion of the celebrations of His Majesty the King's 80th birthday, December 5, 2007, coinciding with the centenary of Sanam Chan Palace in Nakhon Pathom province, the Office of the Royal House, Nakhon Pathom province, and the University Silpakorn have decided to join hands in organizing the celebrations of the centenary of Sanam Chan Palace from November 23 to December 2, 2007, between 9:00 am and 10:00 pm This event is also meant to honor King King Bhumibol Adulyadej and Vajiravudh. The general public is invited to participate in various activities as part of the celebrations and appreciate the delightful atmosphere of Sanam Chan Palace at night. For more information, please call the Office of Sanam Chan Palace, tel. 0-3424-4236-7, or by fax. 0-3424-4235.